- "The Male Librarian and the Feminine Image: A Survey of Stereotype, Status and Gender Perceptions," by James V Carmichael, Jr, Library and Information Science Research, 14, October/December 1992, pp.411-446.
- "Gender Issues in the Workplace: Male Librarians Tell Their Side," by James V Carmichael, Jr, American Libraries, 25:3, March 1994, pp.227-230.
- "The Last Socially Acceptable Prejudice: Gay and Lesbian Issues, Social Responsibilities, and Coverage of These Topics in M.L.I.S./M.L.S. Programs," by James V Carmichael, Jr and Marilyn L Shontz, The Library Quarterly: Information, Community, Policy, 66:1, January 1996, pp.21-58.
- "The Gay Librarian; A Comparative Analysis of Attitudes Towards Professional Gender Issues," by James V. Carmichael, Journal of Homosexuality, 30:2, 1996, pp.11-57.
- "Men in Law Librarianship," by Greta Boeringer, AALL Spectrum, October 1999, p.36.
- "Male Librarians: Men in a Feminized Profession," by Paul S Piper and Barbara E Collamer, The Journal of Academic Librarianship, 27:5, September 2001, pp. 406–411.
- "Cataloguing Men: Charting the Male Librarian's Experience through the Perceptions and Positions of Men in Libraries," by Andrew Hickey, The Journal of Academic Librarianship, 32:3, May 2006, pp.286–295.
Of course, sometimes librarians (a library public relations employee and a library board trustee in this case) sexually harass male patrons (in this case one of the authors of this "Sexual Harassment of Librarians" publication):
- "Gay Hate @ Your Library," by Dan Kleinman, SafeLibraries, 27 July 2014.
Know any more good articles to post or better URLs not behind a pay wall? Please contact us and we'll add to the list.